Like my Facebook page!

Ravelry Rocks!

Monday, January 27, 2014

Quilting Schmilting!

I have a lot of very awesome and craft-tastic ladies in my family and some of them like to quilt.  The honor of being allowed to make some squares for our reunion quilt was bestowed upon me (and numerous other fabulous women).  This was my first attempt at any quilt that didn't consist of a simple square-like 4x4 squares sewn together.  The link to the pattern is found here:  http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/06/scrappy-mountain-majesties.html



I was never really 'trained' in the sewing arts.  I went, wild-eyed, to the craft store and haphazardly bought a sewing machine, pattern and some material in a pathetic attempt to keep my mind occupied during my hubby's first deployment.  I did learn to sew, a bit and made my daughter and I matching outfits, lots of Halloween costumes and a few other easy items (except for that Scarlet O'Hara dress I had always vowed to make-That was one vow I ALMOST broke!)



Today, I sat myself down to work on the 6 sets of 2 squares and got them all cut and sewn together.  I would love to say that I have been turned on to the quilting arts and that I am looking forward to my next sewing project.  The truth be told:  I am a crocheter at heart.  The entire time I sat there measuring, cutting and stitching I was mentally preparing my next crochet project.  I have a wonderful Wookie Water Holder all cooked up in my mind.  I'd be done with it by now had I not been stuck at that stupid sewing machine.  I'm crossed-eyed now because my machine's light keeps flickering every time my toe touches that pedal.

I'm proud of myself, because I was able to 'get 'er dun' and I can't wait to see the final product, but I am more happy than I am proud-happy that I'm DONE and can finally get back to CROCHET! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment